Minor bug with One More Extra Stage

Report any problems with TrotMania content (songs, theme, courses, etc.) here.
FunStuffies
Pony

Minor bug with One More Extra Stage

Post by FunStuffies » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:45 pm

While screwing around with the Extra and One More Extra Stages, I found out that for some reason you can access the Pyrosentric songs before you start the normal One More Extra Stage. You're taken to the Pyrosentric songs and are able to choose which song you want, replacing whatever the One More Extra Stage song is set to. I don't know why this happens, but I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to. If this bug can be fixed, that would be cool. But it's not that big of a deal.

Lirodon
TM Admin
TM Admin

Re: Minor bug with One More Extra Stage

Post by Lirodon » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Hidden songs: OFF?

Diskette
Pony

Post by Diskette » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:15 pm

How did you manage to get into Pyrosentric via OMES anyway? And which OMES? The one you get after clearing generic Extra, or the one you get after clearing Pyrosentric Extra?

If it's the former, i'm guessing you tried the button combination while in OMES's Music Wheel, and it managed to take you to Pyrosentric...

But pretty sure it shouldn't do that, missed button combo denial or not, as Pyrosentric is what essentially is an "Extra Folder", which is located in the TM4 Song folder's group.ini file, which reads what type of Extra that Extra Stage will be (Folder or Single Song), which Extra1 is set to being a "folder", and Extra2 is set to a single song. Therefor, in hindsight, if you pressed the button combination, it should've taken you to what Extra2 (OMES) was set to.

But i may be wrong. I'll ask Nazo about this, as he helped make that a reality...
With love by The Kancsar Productions!
Founded by humans, Ran by ponies!

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Update: After TM4 1.1 was released, I wanted to see if the ES and the OMES had any changes. There isn't much of a difference, but now there's a different glitch with it: after ranking AA on the Pyrosentric ES, it doesn't take me to the Pyrosentric OMES; rather, it gives me the message of denying my request to enter Pyrosentric for some reason and takes me to whatever I have set in the extra2.crs file. I think what might be happening is the game is trying to prevent me from accessing Pyrosentric through the generic OMES, but whenever I leave the results screen after a Pyrosentric song, it thinks I'm not in Pyrosentric anymore and tries to access the Pyrosentric OMES from the generic OMES screen, thus preventing me from playing it. I'm not certain this is the case, but it's what I've got.

Nazo-baka
Pony

Post by Nazo-baka » Thu May 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Well shoot.

The prompt for it doesn't show up on OMES because you're technically not supposed to be in there. We tried denying access in OMES, but as it turns out it *totally* denies access.

We might have to revert this.

addendum: It won't stop anyone from getting in there, but... It's the lesser evil.

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Thu May 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Nazo-baka wrote:The prompt for it doesn't show up on OMES because you're technically not supposed to be in there. We tried denying access in OMES, but as it turns out it *totally* denies access.
Okay, so while trying to fix the glitch I started this whole thread about, all that ended up happening was making the exact opposite occur. I was just pointing out a funny glitch I found, and now everything is ruined! XD