All Mod Lab songs require 2 players?

Report any problems with TrotMania content (songs, theme, courses, etc.) here.
Ralek
Pony

All Mod Lab songs require 2 players?

Post by Ralek » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:30 am

I used to be able to play the Mod songs just fine, but now anytime I attempt to do them, they return an error saying that I need a second player, or that both players need to be the same difficulty. Am I just being dumb and not seeing the solution?

Lirodon
TM Admin
TM Admin

Re: All Mod Lab songs require 2 players?

Post by Lirodon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Select versus mode or hit the 2P start button (usually the Enter key on the numberpad)

This is common to modifier files, mainly because a lot of them do effects that use both notefields at once.

Ralek
Pony

Post by Ralek » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 am

That makes sense, but I used to be able to play all of them on single player just fine. And now that I stick in versus mode it weirdly overlaps the two.

Diskette
Pony

Post by Diskette » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:26 pm

That is actually the reason why modcharts wants you to enable two players, as those charts were designed to individually tamper with both players differently, thus creating these effects. The "overlap" you see in Boooorring! is actually the intended effect you're supposed to be playing with.

While it is indeed possible to play these charts as one player only, but that will either make the chart unintentionally easier, or downright impossible to read, depending on how it was charted.

You can look at examples like WinDEU's Mods Boot Camp, and you can see effects, where it utilizes the 2 player's notefield differently for all kinds of different effect, that would be otherwise impossible for just one notefield. (unless you're making the effects in either NotITG or SM5.1)
With love by The Kancsar Productions!
Founded by humans, Ran by ponies!