TrotMania III for SM 5.2

Discussion related to TrotMania as a whole, including songs, routines, and any other questions.
Lirodon
TM Admin
TM Admin

TrotMania III for SM 5.2

Post by Lirodon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:52 am

Existing themes and noteskins for SM 5.0 need to be ported in order to run on the new version in development, 5.1. I've been working on a port of the TrotMania III theme (normal, not Dawnfall yet) as a proof of concept for what needs to be tweaked in order to port a 5.0 theme (mainly ripping out some legacy components and adding in the code relating to its new features) to 5.1.

It's a faithful port, mainly because it's about 95% unchanged, besides some minor tweaks and updates, as well as changes to reflect those made to 5.1.

Would anyone be interested in a semi-private beta? I may publicly release the port when 5.1 is actually released, and the current version of the 5.1 port is designed for the most recent public alpha build of SM 5.1 (SM 5.1.-3).

InabaoftheMoon
Pony

Re: TrotMania III for SM 5.1

Post by InabaoftheMoon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:35 am

Considering TMIII is my go-to theme (and favorite theme in general), I would love to volunteer to test things out; That is if you don't mind, of course.

I would have to pick up SM5.1 again; but that shouldn't be too much of a problem though. I kind of shyed away from 5.1 exactly because of the noteskin issue. :shy:

Diskette
Pony

Post by Diskette » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:59 pm

I recently have began to actually understand SM's lua, and just like Inaba, TM3 is my primary theme i use for casual play, and experimentation.

SM5.1 is still kinda like moving to a different job interview, where you work for the same thing, but the rules there are different than in the old job you had. SM5.1 is like this for me.
Being said, i do have a separate copy of SM5.1 (-2, which i'll need to update), and i did try out the options screen, with the new noteskin system, and it's a pretty cool feature i'll await for the final release.

So, getting to the point, i'd like to acquire the beta for TM3 - SM5.1 edition aswell, but i would like to have instructions on what i need to test out, and what to report. (or should i just casually use the theme, which then i'll eventually stumble upon an error, which then i should report?)
I'll either report the findings in this thread, or through private/instant messaging to Lirodon.
With love by The Kancsar Productions!
Founded by humans, Ran by ponies!

Lirodon
TM Admin
TM Admin

Post by Lirodon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:17 pm

BTW, what minor changes I did do on the 5.1 port are in the 1.6 version for SM5.

Lirodon
TM Admin
TM Admin

Re: TrotMania III for SM 5.2

Post by Lirodon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:10 pm

As you may have noticed, I did a new version of this port built with the current SM 5.2 master branch in mind (5.1 has been delayed and replaced by a new version forked from SM 5.0.12).

There have been major changes to how the new menu system is implemented on these builds, including a new standard menu function ("generic_menu").

The options UI is also a bit less cumbersome-looking, and actually has mouse support now (so you can click around and scroll to adjust parameters and browse the menu rather than using a keyboard or pad).