Things FunStuffies Has Done in TrotMania or whatever...

Accomplishments and the like.
FunStuffies
Pony

Re: Things FunStuffies Has Done in TrotMania or whatever...

Post by FunStuffies » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Diskette wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 pm
I'll complain about this to the SM devs shortly. Thank you for your warning to not update my copy of SM to 5.1
For me at least, 5.1 runs more smoothly than 5.0.12. They fixed some issues I had (like the Extra Stage just crashing the game even when my "extra1.crs" and "extra2.crs" files were correct) and made the game all around easier to use. However, another thing I've discovered is that sometimes it won't update the Extra Stage and One More Extra Stage after I change it in the aforementioned files. The only way I could fix it was to go into the "_fallback" metrics and remove a thing that determined the colors of the stages or something (don't ask why; it just happened that way). StepMania is weird.

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 pm

I'm having many funs... :/
I'm testing out songs for my "Master Mode" project/thing I'm making, which means I have to play easy songs on easy difficulties and rate them based on difficulty. This is a lot harder and boring than I thought it would be.

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm

Probably the most stressful FC I've ever accomplished: ~celestial onslaught~

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:28 pm

So I made an IRON PONY chart for "Cloudsdale EVOLVED (Super Eurobeat Mix)" because why not. I left a download link in case you want to try it yourself. This was more of a test on how well my computer can record things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DruCiJATvq0

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:55 pm

A continuation of the "In Our Town" post I made.

Diskette
Pony

Post by Diskette » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Hallo there, residential amateur coder of the team here again!

I would like to just simply announce, that i have made a fix (which is more of a temporal workaround) to SM 5.1 breaking the score display.

What i did, is made a check to see if the theme is running on 5.0.12 or not. If it's 5.0.12, then it looks for the preference that was taken away in 5.1. But if the theme is running under anything else than 5.0.12 (like 5.1), it will omit the check for the non-longer-existent preference, and will use Percentage Scoring. (That is also assuming, that you have Percentage Scoring on, which the code will still check for, and will display regular scoring, if it's off)
With this currently, it only fixes the overlap issue. While the ability to display Dance Points is still a thing in SM 5.1, i dunno what check to use for it, that determines whether to display Percentage or Points scoring, so right now, between the two, it only displays Percentage Scoring, when running SM 5.1

I have sent the new evaluation code to the TrotMania Team (the core members of it), and will assume the fix will be released officially on the next patch, whenever that comes.

But while you wait for that, you can apply the fix yourself right away! Just download this lua file into the following folder: (YourMainStepManiaFolder)\TM Euphorius\BGAnimations\ScreenEvaluation underlay\ and overwrite (or make a backup, recommended incase the new one breaks something else) the old _eval display.lua file.

And this one's for the Summary version of Evaluation (which only shows up if Free Mode if off). Apply this to (YourMainStepManiaFolder)\TM Euphorius\BGAnimations\ScreenEvaluationSummary underlay
With love by The Kancsar Productions!
Founded by humans, Ran by ponies!

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Alright. It works fine now.

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm finally back. I decided I would make an Iron Pony chart to "SPIKEY WIKEY WOO (HUM & DRUM MIX)" so I could at least post something.

So, here's the preview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loRTA_ktnd4&t=

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm going through all the songs and making what's called MEGA charts for songs that I feel need them. Half-inspired by the mobile game Dynamix, MEGA charts are essentially the Iron Pony charts with added notes and jumps to make the chart either more accurate or just harder because why not? I'm posting this to give you an idea of what I'm planning on doing with this.

Here's my first MEGA chart, "Come Alive (feat. Eurobeat Brony)", which is what inspired me to do this in the first place:
https://youtu.be/980Q8Xjg-n4

(P.S. In case you're wondering about the "Master Mode" thing I'm doing (probably not, but whatever), I'm doing this first because I might implement these into it.)

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:03 pm

For those of you waiting for new posts about new charts or anything about my Master Mode I keep mentioning, I won't be posting for a while. I lost my notes that contained information on what songs I'm making MEGA charts for (just as reminders in case I forget), and I can't work on those or anything Master Mode related until I find them since I'll be implementing them into some of the missions. I know I'm not consistent in posting things, but you'll have to wait for a while longer until I find my notes. Sorry for the inconvenience, and hopefully I can get back to working on making more stuff. Please be patient with me.