TrotMania - The Long Haul (Update: 3/1/2018)

Accomplishments and the like.
FunStuffies
Pony

TrotMania - The Long Haul (Update: 3/1/2018)

Post by FunStuffies » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 pm

I finally updated this garbage after like forever. As you'll see, I was busy making a bunch of changes. (Funny story: I was going to release the update about a month ago, but when I checked the TrotMania page, they had released Payload 5, which meant I had to work even longer adding these songs into the pack and making changes to the ones that needed changing.) Based on how long this took, I might not add any songs from the newly announced TrotMania V when it comes out. I might make a separate thing that includes TMIV and beyond rather than every single installment.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nwvcd9l3x ... g_Haul.zip

I made so many changes for this update, so hopefully I don't bore you with all the explaining I do. (As a little game, count how many times I say "personally", "in my opinion", etc.)

-- Added Payload 5 to the list.

-- Changed "Extra Stage" and "One More Extra Stage"
Extra Stage: Cloudsdale EVOLVED (ver. A,B,C) (The version you play is randomized every time)
One More Extra Stage: Random level 19 song

-- Added IRON PONY charts to the following:
A Summer in the Stars (Aftermath Remix)
All We Can Do
Friends Are Always There for You (Remix)
Love Me Cheerilee (I might have already done this, but I'm placing it here just in case I didn't.)

-- Added "My Little Pony Theme (Glitch Remix) [Extended]"

-- Removed "SUPER TWILIGHT ATTACK OF THE J-POP SLEAZY BOSS GO GO! (ULTRA MODE)"

-- Changes to songs:
[~celestial onslaught~]
- Removed beginning speedup
Personal Note: I honestly found it to be unnecessary. I'm not dissing on the TrotMania Team; I just wanted it to be more fair.

[DashStep]
- Edited IRON PONY chart
Personal Note: Am I the only one who found the chart "lazily made"? The second half is EXACTLY THE SAME as the first half, just with minor tweaks to fit the rhythm of the song. I haven't checked the other charts yet, but I personally did not like the IRON PONY chart. But I'm just giving my opinion. If you prefer the original chart, just copy it from Payload 5 and overwrite it.)

[Entropy (Sim Gretina Remix)]
- Removed mines from IRON PONY chart
Personal Note: Whoever made the IRON PONY chart must've looked at their work and went, "Let's add mines to it because harder." It made the chart, in my opinion, unfair and needlessly complex. I saved you the anguish of trying to play this monstrosity.)

[Glide (feat. Feather & memj0123)]
- Tweaked MANE-IAC chart to fit the song a little better (in my opinion, at least)

[Hearts Strong as Horses (Remix)]
- Fixed intro of IRON PONY chart to match the rhythm of the song

[In Our Town (Eurotopia Mix)]
- Edited IRON PONY chart to make it more fair
Personal Note: The double-steps are what killed me, so I removed them without removing the rhythm of the song.

[Laughter]
- Changed preview to be similar to "Friendship"

[Lesson Learnt]
- Overhauled the IRON PONY chart
Personal Note: Who made this chart? Why do they continue to exist? I personally think the charter thought it wasn't hard enough and added weirdly-placed freeze arrows and 32nd-notes to the mix. It was WAY too complex.

[My Love is No Disguise (feat. Chi-chi)]
- Fixed preview
Personal Note: My OCD was freaking out over it because it was just barely off. I fixed it just for those who understand my pain.

[My Past Is Not Today]
- Added "Master Mode" chart
Personal Note: I wonder what that could mean. ;)

[Neverending Nightmare]
- Increased length
Personal Note: I'm not sorry.

[Oh Sweetie Belle]
- Changed genre to "Pop-Rock" since it sounds similar to "Miles (feat. EileMonty)" in my opinion, which is made by the same artist.

[Open Your Eyes (Ryazan Remix)]
- Tweaked chart

[Pinkie's Homebrew]
- Edited IRON PONY chart to have no rolls

[Smile! (Remix)]
- Made final stretch a little easier (but not by much)

[Starcrossed (feat. LilyCloud)]
- Removed speedup right before the chorus
Personal Note: The speedup makes a song that isn't too difficult by itself trickier than it should be. Not that it isn't fair; it's just too jarring for such a simple song (note: for those who typically play on easier difficulties, you might not see too much of a difference in terms of difficulty. I'm not saying I'm better than you. I'm just acknowledging the fact that there are ponies who don't like overly difficult songs (I'm looking at you, YANDANCER)).

[The Magic Inside]
- Edited ending 24th-note stream in IRON PONY chart

[This Day Aria (Hyper Techno Mix feat. Jessa)]
- Edited IRON PONY chart
Personal Note: Like "In Our Town (Eurotopia Mix)", I removed the double-steps.

[V!bes]
- Recalibrated

[Welcome to the Show (The Music in Me)]
- Changed time signature at the beginning to 15/8 timing (it says 15/2, but that's because TrotMania is backwards when it comes to time signatures for some reason)

[Wrecked 'em]
- Edited IRON PONY chart

[YANDANCER (feat. Chase)]
- Reverted to the Payload 5 version and tweaked the chart to match the rhythm of the song (and a few other minor... "adjustments")
Personal Note: Don't worry. This is easier than the monstrosity I made for the last update.

FunStuffies
Pony

Re: TrotMania - The Long Haul (Update: 3/1/2018)

Post by FunStuffies » Mon May 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Hey. Sorry for the long delay. I've just been doing my own thing for a while. Hopefully I'll update something soon, but I've wanted to take a break from the TrotMania thing. I'm just posting this to tell you what I've been doing. That's all.

RIME
TM Staff
TM Staff

Post by RIME » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 pm

As the writer of Entropy Challenge, the point of the mines is that they're tells for where you're supposed to footswitch, since it's not a common technique in either DDR or TrotMania.

Yes, this is a belated response, but let's just say I'm going over the forums again in preparation for things...

FunStuffies
Pony

Post by FunStuffies » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:07 am

RIME wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 pm
As the writer of Entropy Challenge, the point of the mines is that they're tells for where you're supposed to footswitch, since it's not a common technique in either DDR or TrotMania.
Well crap. Now I need to redownload the entire pack to get the chart back.