Tapmania from appstore

By Jonasrems 06-05-2015 17:16:51

Blank Flank · 4 comments

I found this app on the appstore named Tapmania, and it allow you to play stepmania maps. The way it works is that is opens up a webserver for your device and allow you to upload files from you computer to your device. It have basic suport when it comes to themes. And therefor I got to work on porting the trotmania theme over to tapmania. It is still a work in progress but here is a list of things I have to note:
It haven't been updated since 27.feb.2013,
It force open the appstore to its own product when you go to the mainmenu (Wants you to vote for it I guess),
It does not have lua suport (So the customization is not super great),
I am 80% done with the ipad theme,
I am deleting unnecessary files that the app does not suport (Storagespace is important),

Should I upload the files here when im done with it all or should I not bother?
Also what should I put on the credits screen?
Lastly for jailbroken devices I can give instructions of how you can remove stock songs from the game aswell as maybe remove the anoying redirect (If I find a way that is)

- Jonasrems

By Berrylicious 06-05-2015 22:20:49

Pony · 18 comments

I'm surprised Tapmania is still a thing nowadays...

Do you have any screenshots of your theme? It would just be a nice thing to archive, if nothing else.

By Jonasrems 06-05-2015 23:38:21

Blank Flank · 4 comments

There isn't much to show of the theme since it basicly is the Trotmania 3 Theme, but scaled and layered differently since the app doesn't fully use the same methods as stepmania uses.

But here is atleast 2:
Loading screen: http://i.imgur.com/le7ba8E.png
Gameplay: http://i.imgur.com/MgUy6A1.png

When it comes the the 2nd image I haven't went into the noteskins yet. Aswell as if you see the healthbar you can see that it is not rendered correctly.
I might need to do some trickery with scaling the whole healthbar down and applying the corners seperatly. (Not sure yet)

- Jonasrems