Possible Bug with Extra Mode Course Behavior/Modifiers

By InabaoftheMoon 12-13-2015 07:51:53

Blank Flank · 5 comments

Hi again!

Sorry to bother everyone, (and I'm hoping I'm not being too demanding) but I think I may have found a minor and major bug with extra courses.

After learning how to actually redirect extra stages from a friend,  I have been changing up the extra stages in the song folders and discovered a few things.

• 1.  Setting up player modifiers in the course file or the theme's metrics.ini file works fine with modifiers setup in the course file taking priority over the metrics file, BUT setting up stagemodifiers like SuddenDeath or ImmediateContinue are completely ignored in both files.
  • 2.  Directing Extra1 or Extra2 to any song that is "Long-Version" or "Marathon" length will result in the game crashing during the transition phase from the Final Stage to Extra1 (or Extra1 to Extra2).  When checking the crash log, it says that an Access Violation occured.

I thought that maybe it was a bug that might be universal, but after testing out extra stage behavior on other themes,  I've concluded that this only occurs in TMIII  (I haven't tested it on TMI or II yet >_<)

Is there a possible quickfix to this bug that I can possibly append?  I really do enjoy Trotmania overall as a theme and so have the friends I've presented it to so far, and I would love to surprise my group by having Megalovania as the Extra2 Stage just because the Extra2 Stage intro animation and fanfare is so awesome. XD

P.S.  While I'm at this, I did also notice one other minor bug.  On the Evaluation Final Results screen.  Instead of displaying the cumulative results of all the songs played within that session, it only queries the results from the last song you played instead.  I double checked TMI and II to see if the behavior is the same, and it seems to be only occuring in TMIII.   I don't suppose there is a quickfix for this too, if possible.

Thank you for your time. ^^

By Lirodon 01-20-2016 00:51:34

TM Head · 162 comments

<Kyzentun> If you can provide an Extra1.crs that causes the crash and tell me where to put it, I can figure out why it crashes and turn the crash into an error or get rid of it entirely.

This is from one of the StepMania devs.

By InabaoftheMoon 01-21-2016 05:35:28

Blank Flank · 5 comments

Hello again,  Thank you for responding.  I am not sure how exactly how I can provide the file here, but I think I can leave it in code form here, so you can recreate the crash.

Here is the contents of my extra1.crs that I put in the Trotmania Song folder:

#SONG:TrotMania III\It's a Pony Kind of Christmas:Hard;

I quickly retested it on both Extra 1 and Extra 2 just to make sure the crash was genuine so no one would be chasing ghosts.  It still occurs.  I can confirm it only occurs in TMIII as of now.   I double-checked if the crash would occur on the default theme and DDR5thMix just to be safe.  Long/Marathon Extras work there perfectly fine.  For the sake of simplicity, I didn't include any Player Modifers or Song Modifers (Even though Song Modifers wouldn't be functional anyway)

This also might be co-related, but I also found a few more crashes related to Long Stages in Stage mode.   

• The game will crash after finishing a Long stage when exiting the evaluation screen WHEN the stages are set to 3, and it's the first song you decide to play.  (I worked around this by setting stages to 4 to avoid the crash)
  • The game will also crash if you decide to hit ESC too early during the ScreenStageInformation overlay.  This happens regardless if it's a Long-stage or not.  (A very unlikely crash to occur, unless you're like me and you're backing out of a song before it starts because you accidently put it on Iron Pony. >_<)

Hopefully any this information will help out.  If you need any more information from me, feel free to ask~ ^^