A small tribute for the Trotmania Team. =D

By Phenotrancex9 05-08-2015 15:41:06

Blank Flank · 7 comments

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forums here and just getting exposed to the MLP fanbase last year.
It's seems to be quiet here sometime, which I kinda like it in the sense that which only the loyal fans will be hanging around here without getting much attention from the haters and internet trolls.... don't get me the wrong idea. Dx

So, I'm basically just an ordinary fan who wanted to say thank you to the Trotmania Team for spending their time and effort to do whatever they do best to ensure that Trotmania is running smoothly and improving as the time goes.

Well, here's some facts you need to know about me, which some of them are kind of personal anyway:
1) I don't draw nor really good at writing any fanfiction. If you really want to search my username on DA or fimfiction, most likely you found out that they are EMPTY anyway. Dx
2) I have very limited internet excess in my area, which is the main reason I'll be inactive most of the time. So, don't expect to see me ANYWHERE.  sad
3) Stepmania is not the only rhythm game I play... and rhythm game is not the only genre game I play... haha

And that's it, which is kind of disappointing anyway...

>>Okay, let's just skip to the part which is the main reason I posted here:

Here's a small little gifts of my gratitude for the Trotmania team and for anyone looking at this right now. You guys are awesome.
These are the notecharts (or stepcharts) I made few months ago, and I decided to just upload 5 of them yet... cause I wanted to upload the notesharts in a 20 or 30 songs pack later, which is kind of work in progress yet.   yikes
And... I'm just a really lazy bump.  happycry

Here's the link anyway : https://mega.co.nz/#!GUACiaqB!QxbwvM_-b … _4R0As3rtE

The songs list are:
1) Children of the Night (Duo Cartoonist)
2) Stormwolf - Diffraction
3) Grizzly - Kickin' Chicken  (Try to pass with MINES "ON" on "Challenge" or "Iron Pony" difficulty, and I still manage to get an "A" somehow. xD)
4) Good-bye Crisis PMV by racecarghost1
5) Assertive Fluttershy - Taking Wings

**Facts about the notecharts:
1) I'll try my best to make sure there's no "TRIPLE" or "HANDS" in the notecharts.
2) The usual first two or three difficulty are meant to play with pads if possible.
3) The Hard and Challenge difficulty best play using the keyboard. (I will praise you if you able to play with pads, but they are still possible if you are advanced experience player. xD)
4) I like MINEs, for some reason. >_<" (And lots of "JUMPS" or "DOUBLE" in higher difficulty)
5) Oh yeah, the most important thing, I purposely DO NOT cut short the songs at all, since I'm the kind of player who wanted to enjoy the full experience of the entire song, which is kind of unfair to the beginners who play with a pads.... never mind, feel free to edit them or treat them as a boss song or something, I guess. xD
6) I don't draw nor really good at photoshop software at all, as most of the banner, background and jacket in song seems mostly obtained from the song album itself, and I just play around with some simple and amateur software like the Paint tool SAI or photoscape. Once again, feel free to edit them at your will.
7) Some files will be very huge size since... you know, video file is included.
8) The level of difficulty of the songs is NOT THE SAME as the songs in Trotmania.
9) I don't know... muffin or something?  tongue

Thanks for reading the wall of text of mine here, and feel free to comment any faulty stuff or defect you found in the notes. xD

Congratulations for reading everything here, and let's play a little silly question game which you required to use it as an answer for the password later. xD

>"What's the name of Applejack's pet dog name?" (6 characters and no CAPS LOCK)<

p/s: I just do it just for the fun of it, sorry.... >_<"

I will be very inactive around the net due to limited internet access here, so... don't expect me to reply anything here. Dx

By Berrylicious 05-09-2015 06:35:37

Pony · 18 comments

Hey, welcome to the fourms. I'd like to think that it's more likely that this place isn't as advertised like some other pony-related sites which is why it's probably dead, but it certainly will at least be home to those who are a big fan of this project.

I'll try out your files some time, though I will say that in my opinion, songs that are not cut + have huge, unnecessary is a negative in my books, one being that with uncut songs there's a big possibility of leaving some charts just being boring either because there's too much filler or because it repeats too much. Vids are okay, but it really bugs me when someone just places an uncompressed video in a file because that takes up too much space - especially for people like me who uses options like Blinders or even just turning off the BG brightness so we can focus on the game itself. Also for difficulty scale, I'll assume you're using ITG/Stepmania (1-15) than X Scale (1-20)

All in all, if you're looking to join the Trotmania team then good luck.

By Berrylicious 05-09-2015 07:59:24

Pony · 18 comments

I played some of the charts a bit, but experienced all of the songs on offer here. These are mostly written in opinions over something in-depth, so hopefully you can understand some points I'll get across.

Since you did a mixmash of chart types into one file (Really bad idea, by the way. You should either keep it as a Pad or KB-centric file.) I mostly did the Expert versions (Challenge too if there is one.) of the chart for now, as to me that's the most important part of a file.

Children of the night - It's not a song I would play on pad nor KB. Even the chart is uninteresting with many of the steps just actively trying to find purpose into the chart, but fails.

Overall: 2/10. Song choice means a lot more than you'd think.

Diffraction:

Expert - Actually pretty fun as a keyboard chart, but this chart did not need these speed gimmicks.

Standard - The one thing I disliked is how you just covered up some parts up with a freeze, that's just lazy and really takes out a lot of the fun of it.

Overall: 7/10. The slow downs are fine, but there was absolutely no place for you to randomly speed up parts of the song.

Good-Bye Crisis:

Expert - It's alright, again speed gimmicks here are uneeded. Kinda reminds me of a file from Otakus Dream, honestly.

Standard - The steps should stop relying on the vocals so much and attempt to step with the instruments too, especially when the vocals are less active in the middle. This would've been a pretty neat Expert chart as a Pad file.

Overall: 6/10. I think this could be passed to the Otakus Dream pack, haha.

Kickin Chicken:

Challenge: For once the speed gimmicks actually makes some sort of sense, and you actually did some really creative things in this chart. I actually liked the part where you warped the incoming mines into actual arrows, if you could give it just a little more breathing room for most parts, it would be really fun to play over and over.

Expert: Good potenial to be a boss song for Trotmania, honest. Problems are still similar to what I've had with the Challenge chart.

Overall: 7/10. If you would just take it a little more easy on the speed gimmick (Especially when the chart is at a high bpm - it's not challenging, it's disorientating) this would make for a fantastic boss/gimmick chart. This song definitely warrants a song cut.

Taking Wing:

Expert: Nice and simple. Again, speed gimmicks on a song that DOESN'T need it.... Also, the slow part just felt like you place arrows whereever to keep it interesting.

Overall: 5/10. Have you ever head of "Stops" before?

Personally, unless your packs are meant to be as gimmicky as possible, it really wouldn't kill you to just make a chart normal for once. The fun the charts comes from, well, a chart, not the gimmick it holds... Even if it's gimmick centric - a lot of the song choices here used really doesn't seem to fit, making all those sudden speed-ups even more jarring than they should be. It's basically not fun, for the most part. At the very least, the sync is decent and the chart itself is pretty interesting.
Just control yourself and please learn to cut songs, I think your files have a lot of potential otherwise.

By Lirodon 05-09-2015 14:51:42

TM Head · 162 comments

I must also add that on StepMania 5, you can also do per-chart BPMs; the structure of your gimmicks seems to imply a Pump it Up influence.

By Phenotrancex9 05-21-2015 12:06:32

Blank Flank · 7 comments

Hello there  smile , it's good to be back here after some... time though, and... awww man, I should really pay more attention to this forum next time. Sorry for the extreme late reply anyway. Dx

Errr, I didn't really expect a reply here, no offence, and that was totally my fault for making such bad assumption. My bad. =x
And recently getting busy in gaming and creating subtitles and RL stuff, blahblahblah...
no one care anyway.  tongue

Thanks for taking the time and effort to give critic after the FIRST day I uploaded the file, and I kinda surprised of it. Dx

Oops, I guess I overdid it.
Sorry 'bout the excessive use of "speed change" in the chart, and I did noticed you mention the word "gimmick" A LOT in your comment.. 0_o 
The horror, the horror.  happycry
Erhem, I think I will explain it later...

To be honest, this whole stepmania thing is still fairly new to me as I'm not familiar with the game "mechanism" nor fully understand the ability of the stepmania in "EDIT" mode. Furthermore, I'm just lacking the experience of how other people would react when playing the song's chart, and you're right, it's more like an "opinion" from my own perspective itself instead of... you know, how a normal chart would look like.
Oh, and just another thing, the songs in "TrotMania Chrystalize Program" Pack was my ever first time to be played in stepmania, if the 3 default songs in "Stepmania 5 Pack" don't count. And before that... I don't even know stepmania 5 even existed. Dx

And thanks Lirodon for the tips and his awesome contribute to bring the light out of it.

So, just to roughly sum up the flaw you had mentioned:

1) Song choice about Children Of The Night:
Hehe, I already knew this song was not meant to be play in any rhythm game, although the song itself, is pretty impressive. However, I seen someone was requesting it to be play on stepmania or o2mania, and... I don't recalled it from anywhere now. I just wanna try to do it, and you know, it failed somehow to be an interesting chart to play, and I agree to it.
But never mind, I will keep that in mind and try to avoid slow and claming type of song next time. (you know, this song is meant to be a lullaby. xD).

But.... I also have seen some people to have really weird music taste, which they prefer this "kind" of music when playing on the rhythm game, and I do believe it is minority, as I was not fond of playing "slow and soft song" myself.

However, I believe myself will still tend to have poor choices of music since... you know, everyone have different kind of taste on everything, and to satisfy everyone need, is kind of impossible. I'm will still NOT TOTALLY avoiding the "danger zone of slow song" if the song itself is highly demanded, or interesting somehow? I don't know how to describe it, but anyway, I'll try think twice on choosing the music before proceed to make the notechart of it.

p/s: I wanted make the notechart of another song with similar "fashion" as CotN, which is the "Ponyphonic - Lullaby for a Princess", but... the song is way too lengthy (almost 8 minutes with lots of BPMs changes) and you know... kinda boring to play in stepmania anyway no matter how good you are in note charting.
So... the idea is cancel anyway.

2) Excessive uses of "Speed gimmicks"
Hmmm... you seem to be really unhappy with this "abuse use of sudden speed change", and I can really explain why I overdid it, my bad. sad

Firstly, this is because of the main influence from other rhythm game, like 02mania and beatmania, (Osu is not a problem here) which is the bad influence anyway, I know. Dx
I don't know 'bout you guys whether got the experience beforehand on playing 02jam/beatmania or not, but... I just kinda adapted to the "style or phenomenon" of playing the hard song, which has lots of speed changes which only serve the purpose on "just looking exciting" and cause lots of frustration for beginners to play them, instead of following the song BPM itself.
Ok, ok, I know that apples and oranges don't mix well. Err... what? why am I thinking of Applejack from the IDW MLP comic at this point.
Anyway, in other words, I shouldn't apply the other game "playing style concept" into stepmania or something like that, isn't?
What is Pump It Up anyway? I just google it just now and just knew about this anyway, and thanks for mentioning it.

Secondly, I was trying to make an attempt of not following the notechart style in Trotmania series. I wanted to make it look different and "unique" somehow. Errr... not a really bright idea, but this is the truth somehow.

Thirdly, I was thinking of using the speed change to increase the song difficulty, and end up using it a lot... wow.

In overall, I will try to control myself and try my best not to went "crazy" next time. =P

3) Uncut song length of more than 3 minutes, I assume.
Eeyup, I'm sure agree on the "repetitive and the much filling" part. However, here's are my reason and opinion anyway. (Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against edited short song. Dx)
Well, recently, I do try to play other songs than the Trotmania series itself, and downloaded few extra song packs from various site. The songs themselves majority are more than 3-5 minutes for some reason, and I just follow the "trend", I guess?
Then, as for my liking towards uncut song, which I'm pretty sure is the same for most people who prefer it unedited. Not going to mention the reason here, as they're pretty OBVIOUS anyway. For example, if you wanted to download a song from iTunes, would you prefer a 30 second edited song or a 4 minute original song?
In overall, it's just that different people have different taste anyway, nothing much to talk about it.
And in other words, some people like the song itself more than the notechart. I get it.

>>Skip this as this part is kinda unrelevant and off-topic anyway<<
Oh yeah, I wanna say a little something from my PERSONAL experience, which is kinda offensive and unfair to the awesome people who contribute to the success of Trotmania.
I remember back in the specific day, which was my first visit to my local MLP convention this year (which also the first time in my country, hooray for pony!).  smile Other than getting wonderfully surprise reaction of looking at the new faces and meeting some talented people around the country, there was a game section in the convention. But, don't get your hype up yet, cause unfortunately, Trotmania wasn't one of them. =/ YET. (Fighting is Magic was there somehow, wow, wasn't it got C&D quite some time ago? I kinda "bullied" most of the player there, cause majority of them either never heard of it, freaking random button smasher with no strategy, or just simply a newbie.)
Here's a snapshot of it about how crazy I am towards this game, and just for the fun of it:
http://i58.tinypic.com/72x7r8.jpg
pssttt... Rainbow Dash is not my top favorite pony btw. Dx

I'll just straight get to the point, there's another rhythm game called Guitar Hero, I think? And the game itself was slightly modified to have some pony music in them. I do observed whatever happen in that game booth, and you know what? People do complain of the song getting cut and being too short to be enjoyable. I kinda chuckle a bit when people was playing the "Smile Song" from the MLP series, people around start to sing along with it as the song play along. Suddenly, the song got cut to the last chorus part of the song (which is kind of similar happen in Trotmania, lol), and the crowd just like "Awwww.." "What happen?" "I don't remember the song being that short" and other whining sound, lol.
And I can't get use to see those manly PUNK Rockers singing the "Smile Song" in the background when the game is played, and I was laughing quite hard on that day. (just imagine a rocker dude with tattoo all over the body, having the singing voice of Pinkie Pie.  yikes  ) Thanks Celestia for Trotmania having the custom wonderful music video as the background.  big_smile
I do see the similar disappointing reaction when I watched people playing any other rhythm game song in the arcade, which the song were kinda edited and shorter. (Including my sis as well, lol)
No offense, short song has it's own benefit I know, but you know, some people just prefer to enjoy the music more than the chart, I guess?
>>Skip till here and continue<<

I know, I know, the short edited song existed for some reason, and I kinda like the Trotmania pack the way it is. =D Short edited song will come straight to the point, more exciting, less repetitive, more user-friendly and radda radda radda you know what...

Oh yeah, I did know how to use various software like Audacity, CyberLink Wave Editor, Sony Vegas and others to edit the video or the music.
Children of the Night was one of the "edited" one anyway, as did you notice the introduction and credit part were missing, and there's subtitle underneath the video as well.  wink 
So..... I was thinking about that, I should upload the edited short length version along with the original length together, and of course in the separated folder. But, they will took some time. Dx
In other words, short song which has less than 2 1/2 minutes will remained the same, and I'll try my best to edit the length of the songs which are longer than that, which is kind of the way the current Trotmania adopted. (There's lots of "whiches" in there. Dx)

4) the "Stops"
Yeah, I do. There's actually one in the song "Taking Wing" roughly at the first minute of the song. =D
And just coincident that the five songs I uploaded have no "stops" in them. xD
What are "freeze" anyway if I must ask, is it the "hold"?

5) the pads style for "Pads" or "Keyboard"?
Actually, I do realize something, that the notechart is not really consider as "keyboard" if there's are no triples or hands in the notechart, which is the current style I'm using... And the challenge difficulty is still playable with pads, but you just need to be very good with it. Dx
So, I think I'll stick to the "Pad" anyway. Or whatever had shown in the Trotmania style.

>>So..... I think I cover most of them, I think?<<
And right now, I'm encounter a tiny problem right now, cause basically... I have more than 20 songs here which were notecharted in the "similar gimmick style". However, not all of them will be that way anyway.  wink

For the gratitude for reading my wall of text here, again, I try to upload some notechart on this weekend, if the internet isn't decided to die on me. Dx
(Warning: The Song Length Is Unedited And May Cause Disappointment And Frustration.)

p/s: Well, I never thought of joining the team in the first place, at all. I just never think myself to be qualify anyway since my notechart style is done very differently (and intentionally to be that way?), and inability to online all the time due to limited network access here. So... I think I will pass at the moment.
Plus, I'm not an artist nor an expert in writing code and stuff for the game. Dx

I will be very inactive around the net due to limited internet access here, so... don't expect me to reply anything here. Dx

By Phenotrancex9 05-21-2015 14:49:42

Blank Flank · 7 comments

Well, no need to wait for this weekend, here's the link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!DZZlGILD!zk0aSe-MF … t7FL7NTnxc

There's only one song here, which basically an old file left "rusting" in my computer, have fun anyway. =/
Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time
Two files with same music but two different PMVs, without edit the length of the music. I'm kinda lazy here...  yikes

Wanna upload some more, but I just don't feel ready yet. =/

By Phenotrancex9 05-02-2016 14:45:15

Blank Flank · 7 comments

LOL, it's been a year since the last comment, haha.  yikes  Time surely is flying fast. xD

It is really quiet around here... lol